Catherine Chernow Book Spotlight and Author Interview


Book Synopsis for Mastroddi's Magic:


New York's most accomplished, classical violinist, Claire Conway, has done the unthinkable -she's misplaced her valuable, one-of-a-kind, antique violin...the Mastroddi. Armed with her wits and a reward, she sets out to meet Kyle Rafferty, her precious violin's mysterious savior. But the long, tall Texan doesn't want the reward she's offering - he wants Claire.


Kyle thinks the beautiful, talented violinist is the most opinionated woman he's ever met. She's also the only woman he wants. Amidst lies and suspicion of murder, Kyle sets out to win Claire's heart, but will love and the Mastroddi's magic be enough to keep them together when tragedy strikes?


I was fortunate to get Catherine to answer some questions for me.


Who has influenced you throughout your career as a writer?
My fellow authors - they've helped critique my work. And my editor at Resplendence Publishing. I've learned so much from her.


Do you write every day?
I manage to squeeze in a chapter or two every day.


What has been your greatest achievement as a writer?
I alwasy dreamed of providing readers worldwide with fast-paced, entertaining stories. The internet and on-line publishing has allowed me to do that, as well as providing a gateway to my books being available in print, as well.


Have you always wanted to be a writer, or did you aspire to be something else growing up?ALWAYS! Ever since I was a child. In my twenties, I decided that I enjoyed reading romance and wanted to write that (loved those early Harlequin novels and the grande dames of the romance genre like Kathleen Woodiwiss).


How would you describe your writing?
Sensual, fast-paced, plot-driven romance. I'm not fond of lengthly descriptions or backstory, so I provide just enough to let you glimpse a character's personality. I prefer to characterize through interaction and dialogue.


Are you currently working on anything?
Yes! GOING COMMANDO, which will be featured in Resplendence Publishing's 'Handcuffs and Lace' anthology. I'm currently writing an erotic romantic short fantasy under my pen name, Catrina Calloway.


What authors do you enjoy reading?
My fellow Resplendence Publishing authors and my fellow Total E Bound authors. Just to name a few: Desiree Holt, Dakota Rebel, Aleka Nakis, Maddie James, Tia Fanning, Lyn Armstrong, Minnette Meador, James Goodman.


Is there a particular author/s (yourself excluded) who you feel don't get the recognition they deserve?
James Goodman. I've read THE DANCE by James Goodman. James can give Stephen King a run for his money any day! There are so many twists and turns in THE DANCE - a real page turner. I enjoyed it very much.


What is your favorite book?
Of mine? I'd have to say MASTRODDI'S MAGIC. Of all time: GONE WITH THE WIND by Margaret Mitchell (one of the first historical romances).


What is a book that has been highly acclaimed but you haven't liked?
I don't read books just because they are highly acclaimed. I enjoy romance, so that's what I read, and I go by other romance readers' recommendations, too.


Is there a word you feel is overused?
'Interesting.' Waaaaay overused. Let's get out the old thesaurus and try using 'fascinating' or 'intriguing,' instead of 'interesting.'


To learn more about this great author please visit http://www.catherinechernow.com/


To purchase a copy of this book, simply click on the picture below:



 

0 comments: