Mary Burton Book Spotlight and Author Interview



Book Synopsis:

HE’LL TASTE THEIR FEAR…The first kill was easy. The second much easier.No guilt, no remorse, just a rush of adrenaline surgingthrough him as each life drains away, and thepleasure of knowing that their deaths help hisbeloved Lindsay. And there are so many morewho deserve to die…

HEAR THEIR SCREAMS…The first twisted gift to Lindsay O’Neil arrives hiddenin a bouquet of flowers. When her estrangedhusband, Detective Zack Kier, is assigned to the case,Lindsay’s past comes back with a vengeance.Because only Zack knows the dark secret she liveswith—or so she thinks. Now nothing can prepare herfor the nightmare to come…

AND WATCH THEM DIE…Everything Lindsay’s stalker does, every life he takes,is for her. But when Lindsay spurns his gifts, she andthose she loves most become targets of a depravedmadman whose rage is growing, and who is waiting,watching, closer than she ever feared…


It's always an honor to be able to ask authors questions. I have recently read Dead Ringer and it was excellent (for my review visit Amateur de Livre).


Who has influenced you throughout your career as a writer?

Cathy Maxwell. She’s not only a friend but she taught me a great deal about writing and story telling.


Do you write everyday?

I write five days a week, Monday through Friday. And when I’ve finished a book I don’t like to take more than a week off. I like to stay in the habit of writing.

What has been your greatest achievement as a writer?

I’m doing what I love and getting paid for it. I consider that a great achievement.

Have you always wanted to be a writer, or did you aspire to be something else growing up?

I really didn’t consider writing until my late twenties. It never occurred to me when I was growing up that I could be a writer.

Are you currently working on anything?

I’ve got a suspense novel out in November called, DEAD RINGER and a novella out in November in the SILVER BELLS collection with Fern Michaels. And my latest work in progress will be out next year. For more details, visit my website, www.maryburton.com.

What authors do you enjoy reading?

I just finished Joanne Bourne’s SPYMASTER’S LADY and I loved it. I’m also a sucker for cookbooks. BIRTHDAY CAKES by Kathryn Kleinman is beside my desk right now.

What is your favorite book?

Most memorable is Nancy Drew’s MYSTERY OF THE HIDDEN STAIRCASE by Carolyn Keene. It got me hooked on suspense at a very young age.

What word or phrase do you feel is overused?

Every book I work on seems to have a word that I overuse! And there is no rhyme or reason why a word gets stuck in my head. I’ve learned that it takes me seven or eight drafts of a book to weed out overused words and phrases.


Interested in reviewing a book, or interviewing an author in the future? Let's talk! Contact me for more details.

Thanks again to the wonderful people at Pump Up Your Book Promotion!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]