Eyone Williams Book Spotlight and Author Interview



Paperback: 216 pages
Publisher: The Cartel Publications (July 18, 2008)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 097949317X
ISBN-13: 978-0979493171

Book Synopsis:

What we bring together, let no man tear apart...is the motto of the Hell Razor Honeys.

Vida is young, sexy and naive. That is until she grows tired of Samara, the leader of The Come Back Honeys using her body to entertain local hustlers. When Vida refuses to play the whore, Samara reacts and kicks her out of the crew. Alone, Vida stands firm and decides she will not be pushed around even if it means taking a few beat downs.

On the sidelines, Tia, also a loaner decides she ll help Vida stand up against Samara even though it s not her battle. Their unity starts the beginning of a new gang they call, The Hell Razor Honeys.

Only two girls strong, eventually they meet up with Ice, nicknamed because of her white skin and innocent nature. Her innocence quickly disintegrates once she becomes a member of the infamous crew. Despite a few fights, the Hell Razor Honeys were only known for tucking razors in their mouths and slashing a few faces. That is until they meet Tec. Under his watch, he teaches the girls a new hustle which includes murder, mayhem and larceny. Even though they go harder than most men, one look under their skirts would prove they're all women. But when Vida s grandmother begs her to get out of the streets, she complies vowing to change her life. But how can she when the friends she calls family maintain their hold?

Take a journey with Vida, Tia and Ice as the rip through the streets of D.C., cruise through the city of New York and land on the L.A. Hollywood scene on a mission. Hell Razor Honeys reads like a fast paced car chase! This novel is one to die for, one bloody slice at a time!

I was fortunate enough to be able to ask the author a few questions:

Who has influenced you throughout your career as a writer?

The first writer to influence me would have to be Donald Goines. I read many of his books as a juvenile and they were the first books I saw that told stories about what I saw in the streets of DC. Some years later after reading Goines’ Daddy Cool, I decided to write a book. That book was my first book, Fast Lane. I wanted to capture my era in time as Goines did. Shannon Holmes also influenced me. He was the first author that I paid attention to that wrote a novel while in prison. At this point, Eric Jerome Dickey influences me more than any other author. He is smooth, sharp and keeps the story together from all angles. That’s how I strive to bring my street stories to life.

Do you write every day?

I try to, but my situation doesn’t allow me to. I’m in federal prison and there’s always drama of some kind going on. Nevertheless, I write almost every day. I have to write often to get my ideas on paper. Writing also helps me deal with life in prison.

What has been your greatest achievement as a writer?

At this point I would have to say my greatest achievement was making Don Diva magazine’s bestseller’s list. That showed me that the streets were feeling Fast Lane. However, I felt very proud when I learned that Fast Lane was selling out at Karibu Books; that meant a lot to me as well.

Have you always wanted to be a writer, or did you aspire to be something else growing up?

I never thought about being a writer when I was growing up. As far back as I can remember, I wanted to be a football player. Then around 13 I got it in my head that I wanted to be a gangsta. That was the worst idea I ever had. I ended up in prison at 16. I wanted to be a rapper at one point as well. In the end, I wrote a novel and fell in love with writing and I’ve been writing novels since. Now, I’m sure that being an author is something I will love about myself for the rest of my life.

How would you describe your writing?

Real! I try my best to tell it like it is in the real world. I get deep into the people I bring to life in my novels. I’m very vivid about the things I paint pictures of in my novels. It’s somewhat like music. You have music out now that’s real hip-hop, stuff that’s good for the radio and the clubs, but some of it ain’t for the streets. Gangsta rap is for the streets. My writing is the gangsta rap of urban fiction. I’m Scarface/NWA of the urban fiction game.

Are you currently working on anything?

I’m always working. I grind hard. My second book, Hell Razor Honeys, was recently released and it ends with a bang that leaves you wanting more. I’m now working on Hell Razor Honeys II: Til Death Do Us Part. I have other novels done – Lorton Legends, Never Lay Down and Money Ain’t Everything. I’m working on deals for them. I’m also working on a screenplay about DC street legend Wayne Perry. I’m a staff writer for Don Diva magazine and I’m working on street articles for upcoming issues.

What authors do you enjoy reading?

I have to say T. Styles, Jason Poole, Eric Jerome Dickey, C-Murder, Kwame Teague, Wahida Clark, K’wan, Seth Ferranti and a few others.

Is there a particular author/s (yourself excluded) who you feel don't get the recognition they deserve?

Anthony Fields, author of Angel presented by Teri Woods, Ghostface Killaz and Bossy, is slept on. He has dropped three books that people have supported by buying out the stores’ stock. Since he is in prison I think he is overlooked a lot. The same goes for Kwame Teague. This brother crushed the game with the Dutch story, but Teri Woods got all the shine. Kwame put his thing down real strong in The Adventures of Ghetto Sam/The Glory of My Demise, but fans missed it for whatever reason. Caleb Alexander is also underrated. He put Teri Woods on his back. Those brothers need to be given their props!

What is your favorite book?

Standing at the Scratch Line by Guy Johnson!!!

What is a book that has been highly acclaimed but you haven't liked?

I live by a serious code in life and if I have nothing good to say, I say nothing at all. What I don’t like is only important to me. I never want to add to all the hate in the world. Feel me?

Is there a word you feel is overused?

In street novels I believe that the word “millions” is overused. Everybody in the hood ain’t seeing no millions. Let’s not forget the grind. Let’s not forget the struggle of the stripper trying to make ends meet as she stacks Gs; the same for the dope boy that’s selling Gs with million dollar dreams – stuff like that. I write what I know and what I’ve seen. I know, personally, two dudes out of countless others that made millions in the streets. That’s not to say that there aren’t street millionaires, I’m only saying that they are rare.

Thanks so much for taking the time to answer these questions!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great interview, Eyone.

Anonymous said...

I so love this guy! Eyone, this is an excellent interview. I'm loving that more people are getting to know you. Best of luck!!!

Anonymous said...

HRH is one of the best books I read this year. Filled with action and non-stop drama, I didn't want the book to end. I can't wait for part 2.