No Mad by Sam Moffie


About the Book:

Sam Moffie is 49 years of age and resides in Youngstown, Ohio with his family. When not writing and marketing he enjoys walks with his dog, red wine, watching movies, reading fiction, arguing politics and being a big target for his children. No Mad is his third novel. His fourth, The Book of Eli will be published in the fall.

Visit his website at http://www.samsstories.com/


About the Book:

“No Matter where you go, there you are.” Sam Moffie’s third novel takes readers on an impromptu road trip that proves transformative.

No Mad takes a good natured look at failed matrimony, middle age, and empty nest syndrome. Moffie’s novel evokes humor and optimism as his hero embraces life’s pitfalls and learns to “roll with punches.” Often nostalgic, Moffie’s novel also proves relevant as he explores issues such as corporate monopolies, politics, commercialization and their effects on “independent thinking and acting people” – people like the main character Aaron Abrams.
Sam agreed to answer a few short questions for me - here is what he had to say:
Who is your biggest supporter?

My biggest supporter is my muse and live-in girlfriend: Juliette.
Your biggest critic?

It's a tie between my biggest critics. My editor Devra and ny step-father Donald. They are the epitome of the phrase "devil's advocate".
What cause are you most passionate about and why?

My cause is to eliminate the stigma of self-publishing being something that is unholy.
Who has influenced you throughout your career as a writer?

Kurt Vonnegut and John Irving are my biggest influences.
What are you currently working on?

I am currently writing a novel and also waiting for the editing process to be completed on my 4th novel -- The Book of Eli. Eli should be released in late October or early November.
What do you feel is your biggest strength?

My biggest strength with my writing style is my humor. My biggest weakness (besides misuse of a semi-colon), is that I don't write about teenage monsters, teenage wizards, christian fiction, self-help and diet material.
Thanks so much Sam!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

 

0 comments: